Submissions are now being accepted.
Submissions close at 5:00PM 6 May 2022 (AEST
IMPORTANT: Please read information below to assist you in completing your application online.
Welcome to the City of Melbourne online grant application service, powered by SmartyGrants.
Before you begin
Navigating the application form
- On the right hand side of every screen, there is a box which links directly to every page of the application. Click the link to jump directly to page you want.
- You can also click 'Next page' or 'Previous page' on the top or bottom of each page to move forward or backward through the application.
Saving your draft application
- Continually press ‘Save’ as you work on your application.
- If you wish to leave a partially completed application, press 'Save' and log out. When you log back in and click on the ‘My Submissions’ link at the top of the screen, you will find a list of any applications you have started or submitted. You can reopen your draft application and start where you left off.
- You can also download any application, whether draft or completed, as a PDF. Click on the ‘Download’ button at the bottom of the application navigation panel.
Submitting your application
- You will find a ‘Review and Submit’ button at the bottom of the Navigation Panel. You need to review your application before you can submit it.
- Once you have reviewed your application you can submit it by clicking on 'Submit' at the top of the screen or on the navigation panel. You will not be able to submit your application until all the compulsory questions are completed.
- Once you have submitted your application, you cannot do any further editing or uploading of support materials.
- When you submit your application, you will receive an automated confirmation email with a copy of your submitted application attached. This will be sent to the email you used to register.
If you do not receive a confirmation of submission email then you should presume that your submission has NOT been submitted.
Attachments and support documents
- You may need to upload/submit attachments to support your application. This is very simple, but requires you to have the documents saved on your computer, or on a zip drive, or similar.
- You need to allow enough time for each file to upload before trying to attach another file. Files can be up to 25MB each; however, we do recommend trying to keep files to a maximum of 5MB – the larger the file, the longer the upload time.
Completing an application in a group/team
- A number of people can work on an application using the same log in details as long as only one person is working at a time. Make sure you save as you go.
- Most internet browsers (including Firefox v2.0 and above; Safari; and Google Chrome) have spell checking facilities built in – you can switch this function on or off by adjusting your browser settings.