Community Meals Subsidy 2022
IMPORTANT: Please read information below to assist you in completing your application online.
Welcome to the City of Melbourne online grant application service, powered by SmartyGrants.
Before you begin
- You may begin anywhere in this application form. Make sure you save as you go.
- Read the guidelines before you begin your application.
- For queries about the guidelines, deadlines, or questions in the form, please contact us on 9658 9190 or 0421 056 917 during business hours or email and quote your application number.
- If you need more help using this form, download the Help Guide for Applicants or check out Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Navigating the application form
- On the right hand side of every screen, there is a box which links directly to every page of the application. Click the link to jump directly to page you want.
- You can also click 'Next page' or 'Previous page' on the top or bottom of each page to move forward or backward through the application.
Saving your draft application
- Continually press ‘Save’ as you work on your application.
- If you wish to leave a partially completed application, press 'Save' and log out. When you log back in and click on the ‘My Submissions’ link at the top of the screen, you will find a list of any applications you have started or submitted. You can reopen your draft application and start where you left off.
- You can also download any application, whether draft or completed, as a PDF. Click on the ‘Download’ button at the bottom of the application navigation panel.
Submitting your application
- You will find a ‘Review and Submit’ button at the bottom of the Navigation Panel. You need to review your application before you can submit it.
- Once you have reviewed your application you can submit it by clicking on 'Submit' at the top of the screen or on the navigation panel. You will not be able to submit your application until all the compulsory questions are completed.
- Once you have submitted your application, you cannot do any further editing or uploading of support materials.
- When you submit your application, you will receive an automated confirmation email with a copy of your submitted application attached. This will be sent to the email you used to register.
If you do not receive a confirmation of submission email then you should presume that your submission has NOT been submitted.
Attachments and support documents
- You may need to upload/submit attachments to support your application. This is very simple, but requires you to have the documents saved on your computer, or on a zip drive, or similar.
- You need to allow enough time for each file to upload before trying to attach another file. Files can be up to 25MB each; however, we do recommend trying to keep files to a maximum of 5MB – the larger the file, the longer the upload time.
Completing an application in a group/team
- A number of people can work on an application using the same log in details as long as only one person is working at a time. Make sure you save as you go.
- Most internet browsers (including Firefox v2.0 and above; Safari; and Google Chrome) have spell checking facilities built in – you can switch this function on or off by adjusting your browser settings.
The Council is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. Any personal information collected by Council will be used for the purpose of assessing applications and requests for meals under the Community Meals Subsidy Program, to confirm the suburb where your members reside and any other directly related purpose.
Organisations not wishing to provide the names and addresses of members may still participate in the program provided they submit a list of members’ residential postcodes. This information will not be disclosed to any other external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law. If you choose to provide the names and addresses of members to Council, please ensure that your members are aware that you are doing so.
The applicant contact information you have provided for the organisation in your application will be used by us to assess your application and to provide information relevant to your membership in the Program, to promote a range of activities and to make referrals for new participants to your program. If you do not want us to use the contact information you provide in this way, please let us know and we will not provide these details to any external party (unless required or authorised by law).
By submitting an application you consent to council publishing the successful applicant's organisation name, and amount funded on our website.
If you wish to alter any of the personal information you have supplied to City of Melbourne, please contact Council via telephone 9658 9658 or email email@example.com.
You can view the City of Melbourne Information Privacy on our website.